1. The Funk Hunters – Turn Down the Silence feat. DiRTY RADiO
2. Torey Lanez – Luv (banginclude Remix)
3. J Balvin & Willy William – Mi Gente (Vermilion Bird and Pucho Mastermix Cumbia Edit)
4. De La Soul – All Good (Sylow Remix)
5. Grid Division – Midnight Sunshine feat. Butch Taylor
6. Father Funk – Put Your Hands Up
7. Bradley Drop – Rock Steady
8. Slynk & Megan Hamilton – With the Funk feat. the Bermudas (WBBL Remix)
9. The Party People – Time to Wake Up feat. JuBee & Tylee
10. iLLexxandra – The Heat
11. Sivuca -Ain’t No Sunshine (X-Ray Tedit)
12. Lack Jemmon feat. The Kurnel MC – Joan Jett (Mined & Forrest Remix)
13, Thunderball – Bring Back the Track (feat. Mustafa Akbar)
14. Sukhwinder Singh & Vijay Prakash – Jayaho Janatha (SOOHAN Remix)
15. Ocean Wisdom – Don
16. The Isley Brothers – Summer Breeze (Jimi Needles Edition)
17. Cheshire – Mack’s Return (Bootleg Remix)
18. Kanizzle – SWAG
19. Fleetwood Mac – Go Your Own Way (Crash Party Remix)
The World 42
mixed by Fort Knox Five
World Premiere by Dance Music NW
01 Father John Misty – Real Love Baby (Smalltown Fort Knox Five Remix)
02 Kraak & Smaak – Toxic Love Affair (feat. Ivar & Sanguita)
03 Chico Mann & Captain Planet – Misunderstood
04 Featurecast – Get On Through (feat. D’Fro & Greg Blackman) [Flavours Remix]
05 Fort Knox Five – Give it a Minute ft. bcap (Stickybuds Remix)
06 K+Lab – Banga Boomerang feat. EVeryman
07 Midnight Heist – Play With Fire
08 Kibosh – Cosmo Null
09 MARR, Marcus – Peacemakers
10 Badboe & Prosper – Get Your Boogie On
11 Brooklyn Classic – Don’t Stop Don’t Go
12 Lafa Taylor & Aabo – Turn My Music Up
13 Thunderball – Pop The Trunk (Thievery Corporation Remix)
You may also visit our website to know more about pan card application and what to do for lost pan cards.
It A Minute ft. bcap (Stickybuds Remix)”
by Fort Knox Five
FKX115 – Fort Knox Recordings
Out Now Worldwide!
The story of Fort Knox Five and Stickybuds goes back over a decade, funk is the glue that binds these brothers together, and they have rocked the same great festivals and shows across the US and Canada. All of that funky party rockin’ has culminated with Stickybuds’ first official remix of Fort Knox Five, his reinterpretation of Give It A Minute featuring bcap. No doubt you have heard satellite media Stickybuds teasing the crowd with some exclusive Fort Knox Five acapellas and drops over the years in his legendary sets, but this opens a whole new chapter with his bombastic remix.
Stickybuds cuts right to the chase, as his mix opens up immediately to bcap’s narrative verse and the relentless percussive synths that propel it over the hard hitting beats. Synth pop sensibilities of groups like Oliver and Chromeo can be heard dripping over Stickybuds unique glitch-hop style production. With epic big builds and organic drum fills, the remix rides the line between electro and classic funk.
From the start the remix gets you hooked on the dancefloor, delivering bcap’s catchy chorus over booty shaking beats. And then the big break down devastates with its cut-up and asymmetrical glitched-out vocals layered on top of the electro-synths. Featuring a healthy dose of Rob Myers’ guitar/synth lines and heavily utilizing the original vocals, the remix maintains the vibe of FK5’s original track. Stickybuds delivers the goods and flips the Future Funk, Go-Go meets Glitch-Hop of the original into an Electro meets Glitch-Hop dancefloor powerhouse.
Also included is the instrumental version, which slays on its own and highlights Stickybuds impeccable studio production. This killer remix of Give It A Minute is meant to be played loud and danced furiously to, and is the best way we could imagine finishing out the year, with an absolute banger.
Are you a patient of Dr. Matthew Galumbeck, MD? Start your review by visiting their website today.
Song: She Don’t Love Me (Like I Do) ft. Aaron Abernathy
Label: Fort Knox Recordings
Known for their horn heavy sound of funk, soul and jazz, we are proud to welcome DC’s own Backbeat Underground to the Fort Knox family, adding some Dap-Kings flavor to the label. Fans of Fort Knox Recordings might know the Astronaut Jones remix of See-I released last year, and that duo is the core of Backbeat Underground. For their debut single on Fort Knox Recordings, the group has recorded a soulful scorcher featuring vocals by Aaron Abernathy.
Backbeat Underground are a staple of DC’s funk scene, having performed every year at the Funk Parade festival and this tune embodies the DC funk sound. “She Don’t Love Me” was recorded with a full band at Bias Studios in Springfield, VA, featuring a five piece horn section which includes players from See-I and Black Masala. As a principally instrumental group, Backbeat Underground reached out to Aaron Abernathy, whose soulful r&b soaked vocals perfectly compliment the retro Stax/Volt sound evoking such greats as Al Green.
Aaron Abernathy has been very busy, having just released his own album “Dialogue” and touring across the US, Europe, Australia and Japan supporting Detroit rapper Black Milk. His credentials run deep, including a family connection to the legendary Civil Rights leader Rev. Ralph Abernathy, as well as studying in the same music program as the late Gerald Levert. He brings all of that experience and social consciousness to this track. “She Don’t Love Me” is far deeper than the average love song as it speaks not only to the heart, but to the social issues of our time.
by Friskie Business
The latest Funk The World edition has been mixed by Friskie Business online through WebDesign499 who is originally from DC, but has been living in Los Angeles for a few years now, and has been holding it down with Camp Charlie Unicorn, Boogaloo, Raindance and the likes of Qdup and EVeryman….
World Premiere by Soul Guru (Germany)
01. Isley Brothers – Its Your Thing (Friskie Business Remix)
02. Odjbox – Bat House Beats
03. Prosper & Stabfinger – Don’t Hold Back
04. Afrolicious – Bring It To The Max ‘Feat Iggy Mon’
05. Stevie Wonder – Signed Sealed Delivered (Sylow Remix)
06. Slynk – Figure It Out
07. Uptown (Casual Connection Downtown Rework)
08. Dubra & Arteo – She Goes
09. Qdup – Get Up ft Jerome Joyce (Friskie Business Remix)
10. Prosper & Stabfinger – Pay For Bass
11. Stevie Wonder – As (Leygo Dub)
12. Boogie Freaks – Bring The Old Skool Back (Discotron Remix)
13. Ron Basejam – Time Feat Vern (Original Mix)
14. Greg Wilson – Edit the Edit ‘Two Sides Of Sympathy’ (Greg Wilson Edit of PTA Mash-ups)